A global policy and action lab supporting & cultivating next-gen leaders to solve world challenges for the Global Goals by co-creating scalable and impactful solutions.
THIS IS WHERE SDGs Co:Lab COMES IN
- Sourcing global top talents with the vision and drive required to disrupt conventional solutions and create a better and more sustainable world.
- Developing next-generation ideas and partner talents with individuals, companies, NGOs, government agencies, investors and foundations that are at the forefront of innovation and global development.
- Supporting ideas towards realisation through ongoing support and a global network of partners.
NEED OF SDGs Co:Lab TODAY
The SDG challenge is immense. To realise the SDGs, it is estimated that the world will need to invest a staggering amount of between USD 5 trillion and 7 trillion per year – roughly 7%-10% of global annual GDP. To put these numbers into perspective, total investment into the Apollo Space Program (1963-72) to put a man on the moon was approximately USD 150 billion at present value.
New business models are needed to ignite change. To achieve the SDGs by 2030 will require new and innovative solutions that challenge traditional business models and approaches. Many of these solutions will need to be commercially viable as well as deliver value to society.
Talents must be mobilised. Harnessing the next generation of leaders will be critical if this is to be possible – they bring fresh perspectives, open minds, different values, tech-savviness, and an appetite for disruption. Who would have thought a few years back that the largest hotel chain in the world owned no rooms, the largest taxi company owned no cars, and the largest retailer-owned no stores?
HOW DO SDGs Co:Lab WORKS?
- Source Talents: Working with trusted partners around the globe to source and select top talents with big ideas and a desire to create change.
- Explore the SDGs: Using the host country’s traditions and ways of living ignites new discussions and unlocks new perspectives on the SDGs.
- Select Ideas: Developing and selecting the top ideas via facilitated business model innovation, co-creation and collaboration among SDG Talents, with input from experts.
- Provide Support: The best solutions receive support for implementation by connecting the SDG Talents to capital, corporate partners, technology, and local networks.
- Develop Community: Through regional events, sharing platform, and alumni network a broader community of global talent is developed.
WHAT SETS SDGs Co:Lab APART?
There are many talent and leadership organisations all over the world. What makes We, included.‘s SDGs Co:Lab unique, is that we are creating a global policy and action lab and platform fully dedicated to the new SDGs, where talents can add value directly and access a unique ecosystem of corporations, think-tanks, foundations, non-profits, angel investors, etc. The Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) were agreed upon in 2015 by all UN member states and consist of 17 goals and 169 targets for the world to become a better place by 2030.